Wednesday, July 14, 2010

As an official user of the pump, I have to say that I really love it. I don’t know why I was so over it a few years ago. I kind of wish I gave it more of a chance. Better late than never I guess. It really is awesome to be able to sit in a restaurant and not have to whip out needles in front of everyone. It’s great to be able to press a few buttons and start eating. I can’t wait to learn how to use the continuous glucose monitor---then I’ll really be set.

My sugar levels were great the first two days, but the last 2 days it’s been on I feel like I can’t calculate my carbs right. I keep underestimating the amount I actually need and I always end up too high. It’s making me a little frustrated actually. Hopefully that changes soon. I feel like a failure when my levels are high. The funny thing is, it doesn’t bother me when they’re too low. It just sucks, but I don’t feel bad about myself. It’s when they hit the 200s I feel like I just failed a big final. I’m sure my doctor may just have to make some adjustments with my basal rate or something. That, or I really just can’t calculate my food anymore. Either way.

Also---I was nervous to go kickboxing--I was scared my sweat would make the adhesive fall off and the stupid thing would fall out of me in the middle of doing push ups haha. Turns out it stays put no matter how long you are sweating or in water. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment