Friday, July 2, 2010

Bikini or Tankini?

First of all--the new blog templates are really cool. I love this new design--it's so fun!

So I haven't given up on the pump yet. Even though it's still saline, I'm still wearing it and acting like it's insulin. Hopefully next week I'll be able to officially use it with insulin. I've adjusted to it pretty well. I'm still getting used to sleeping with it though. I'm not quite sure what to do with it. The other morning I woke up tangled up in the tubing. It's weird because I feel like I can't keep it clipped on my side because I'm going to crush it. I usually just place it next to me and hope it's in the same spot when I wake up. I guess I still have to get used to it. Either way, I'm really glad I decided to do this. I'm interested to see what my A1C will be like once I've been using the pump for a while. We'll see!

Next weekend I may be going to the beach with some friends. I'm contemplating whether I should continue to wear my bikini as usual while wearing the pump, or if I should get a tankini to try to cover it up a little bit. I don't necessarliy want to freak people out with this, but I also don't want to be forced to cover up if I don't want to. Decisions, decisions...

On a lighter note, I'm very excited because my husband finally let me open our gifts from our wedding (new towels, pots, pans, etc.) It's only been around nine months! We were planning on not opening anything until we moved into a house, but since that's been falling through we decided to just re-organize the apartment so we can use our new things. Thank God because now I actually want to cook--now that I have some sweet pots and pans to use haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment