Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This past Sunday my husband and I went over to his parents' house for dinner and my niece (also Megan) is up visiting for the week. It's always great to see her! She's the cutest and smartest 5 year old I know. I love that she'll always run up and jump into my arms, it's so cute. It didn't exactly happen that way on Sunday, though. I walked in expecting her to be excited to see me, but she literally ignored me. Even when I walked up to her to give her a hug, she pretty much ran to Brian instead. Talk about getting your feelings hurt. It was finally explained to me that she was scared of my pump! My sister-in-law must have explained to her that I don't give myself shots anymore and now use the pump. I would be scared too if I was a 5 year-old trying to picture this thing with a tube going into my stomach. She was afraid it was hurting me. I couldn't blame her for being a little freaked out. As the night went on, she started to warm up to me again (she made sure to sit next to me at the dinner table---I felt better after that haha). Just before we were about to leave, she finally had the courage to at least look at it. I'm sure she'll become completely used to it, but I understand how she felt! I felt the same way the first time I tried to understand what this thing was!

P.S- That house I mentioned in my last post was horrible. It's not even worth talking about. It was in good shape, but every single room needed to be completely updated. It was like walking into the year, 1950. That's just too much for us to handle right now. The perfect (and affordable) house is still out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment